United States District Court, D. Minnesota
January 26, 2015
CHARLES MICHAEL GEIGER, et al, Plaintiffs,
MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES, et al, Defendants.
Charles Michael Geiger, MSOP-Moose Lake, pro se plaintiff,
Uzodima Aba-Onu, MINNESOTA ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE, for defendants.
ORDER ADOPTING REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION
JOHN R. TUNHEIM, District Judge.
Based upon the Report and Recommendation of United States Magistrate Judge Leo I. Brisbois, and after an independent review of the files, records and proceedings in the above-entitled matter, IT IS HERE BY ORDERED:
1. That Defendants Jannine Hebert, Peter Puffer, Jim Berg, Ann Zimmerman, and Craig Berg are DISMISSED from the present case, as Plaintiff does not identify these individuals as Defendants in his operative Amended Complaint;
2. That Defendants' Motion to Dismiss, [Docket No. 18], is GRANTED in its entirety;
3. That the Court declines to exercise supplemental jurisdiction over any and all of Plaintiff's state law claims as alleged in the Amended Complaint;
4. That Count I of the Amended Complaint as alleged against Defendant Niemeyer is the sole surviving claim; and
5. That a clerk's entry of default and entry of default judgment in Plaintiff's favor is determined improper and denied as moot.